Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Intense colours of a lightrefraction on fireweed seeds



This year the season of my firweed-hunt began earlier than last year because in hope of a better lightrefraction on early seeds. It was about mid-july when I saw the first seeds falling and I was very surprised when i moved the seeds beetween the sun and my camera. The effect was extremely strong. I guess this came from the fresh seeds, they were not sticked together like last year and showed real bright colours. I shot about 20 pictures and afterwards I went alomost crazy when I saw these intense clours on my PC. The pictures (1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8) were taken with a Canon EOS 350D and a Tamron AF 70-300mm Makro lense near Langgoens in Germany.

Author: Rolf Kohl, Langgöns, Germany

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very interesting observation, I never seen such seed-colours. Congratulation!

Wow Gold said...

very nice blog